Monday, February 4, 2008

It's Finally Over

67. I once went to Six Flags all by myself. It was a truly fun day. I loved not having to worry about what anyone else wanted.

68. I am a people pleaser. If this bothers you, I'll change.

69. I have lots of friends, but can't really say that I have ever had a "best" friend.

70. I have a "best" sister though and cannot imagine how awful life would be without her.

71. My favorite flower is the sweet pea, but the fragrance of them now gives me a headache.

72. If we had had a girl her name would have been Tenaya Joy.

73. I love all kinds of ethnic food but cannot eat Korean. I do not understand this either.

74. I hate bananas and tomatoes.

75. I don't even like ketchup; it tastes too much like a tomato.

76. I love rollercoasters.

78. I have yet to read Pride and Prejudice. I want to though.

79. I like to camp, I don't like all the work involved in getting ready. If there is lots of work, then it is not a holiday.

80. This is why sailing holds no appeal for me.

81. I do not like competitive sports. Watching and playing. It's a game people, not real life.

82. I really want to go to Africa someday.

83. I love learning about history.

84. I hope someday to be involved in a political campaign.

85. I have Interstitial Cystitis. It gave me grief through my early and mid-twenties but now I pretty much don't even know it is there. My urologist rocks.

86. I sin a lot.

87. Being late gives me hives. I cannot stand to be running behind.

88. In elementary school I was usually picked last for team sports. Can't say I blame the captain.

89. I am a follower of Christ and am so thankful that He forgave my sins, of which there are many. I cannot imagine my life without Jesus.

90. I can often be found singing praise songs in the car. My kids now ask me to stop.

91. I can remember trivial details really well. I know when and where I saw a movie 15 years ago.

92. I often lose my keys.

93. I hate snakes. I refuse to do the reptile wing at the zoo. Yes I know they are behind glass, they are still looking at me and that gives me the willies.

94. When I taught in Texas I was the only Caucasian at my school the second year I taught there. The rest of the school was predominantly African-American with a few Hispanics. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

95. I have always been quite shy.

96. Texas basically cured that. I got very loud and in-your-face. I now tend to stay out of people's faces, but I am still a great deal more outgoing than before.

97. I have no plans to ever teach again. I'm a great person, but not really all that good of a teacher. Plus, the parents almost did me in.

98. People often think I am younger than I really am. At 30 I was carded at the library. (I know; my coolness is overwhelming sometimes.)

99. I had laser eye surgery after Way Cooler got his PhD. It was his thank-you present for putting him through five years of school. I have never gotten a better present. Ever.

100. I am done!

5 comments:

KnittinChick said...

You didn't mention that you have really cool cousins...

But I don't know if it's a good thing that you can state that you're being carded at the Library!!! Maybe that's a state of the season of your life instead of being carded at a restaurant/pub/bar etc.

JCK said...

This was great! I love roller coasters, too. I am hoping my kids will.

When you speak of your Texas experience, it really sounds like it transformed your life. That is awesome!

My kids tell me to stop singing, too! What is it!! A stage!

momofthecrazies said...

Thanks for #70 even though I used to torment you about your singing. You're my "best sister" too.

I didn't know you liked to camp. Maybe we'll have to do a family camping trip. Can't you just imagine trying to put our kids to bed in the great outdoors?

Tez said...

"86. I sin a lot."

I KNEW there was a reason I liked you!!!!


"93. I hate snakes. I refuse to do the reptile wing at the zoo."

Well I guess that ends inviting you over for coffee, our house resembles the reptile wing of a zoo, with our snakes and lizards...and a guinea pig.

There is no better friend than a best sister...I have one too and I'd die without her!!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I hate snakes too. TOo bad my son wants to be a snake breeder when he grows up.