I am coming up on my 100th post. I KNOW! You are dying for hundreds and hundreds more posts about poop, cleaning and 21 cent cans of soup. Well, you are in luck, because this blogger is a lean, mean blogging machine. (I am not so certain about the lean part, but Way Cooler can verify the whole mean thing.) I intend to post ad nasuem until you all run away in horror. Or something like that.
Apparently lots of bloggers post a list of 100 things about themselves on their hundredth post. Cool eh? Yep, you can read 100 things about me that you never really wanted to know.
To keep it
So, here goes,
1. I am 5'2"
2. My middle name is a month of the year. Not the month I was born however. That would be a little weird.
3. There are 257 ways to spell my real name. I have seen all of them.
4. I am not a perfectionist or a packrat. Both types of people scare me a little bit. I want to tell them "It's just stuff, let it go."
5. I am merciful to a fault, so I don't.
6. Way Cooler and I dated long distance. The first time we spent more than 8 days together was our honeymoon.
7. We don't recommend this.
8. I used to be a teacher.
9. I have taught jr/sr high Drama, English, Social Studies, Computers, Business Education, Health, Grade 5/6 math and grade 2.
10. What I really wanted to do was teach adults English as a Second Language.
11. I am math impaired. Seriously. In high school I achieved high 90's in English and Social Studies without really breaking a sweat. I had to take grade 12 math twice. It was the subject I worked hardest in, and did the poorest.
12. I almost cried when I arrived in Texas and found out I would be teaching pre-algebra.
13. It almost killed me. There are 60 kids in Texas without any real pre-algebra foundations. For that, I apologize.
14. When I was in grade 4 I got glasses and braces.
15. I got my hearing aids in grade 5.
16. Shortly after that I got the nickname Bionic Woman.
17. This did not do wonders for my social standings.
18. I truly am a geek, but ever since high school I have been quite OK with it. Because, really, the geeks run the show.
19. My favorite colours are red and blue. I have an aversion to beige.
20. I am the oldest of three children.
21. Some people might say I'm bossy, but they are just jealous of my ability to delegate.
22. When I was pregnant with both boys I was sick till the day I gave birth.
23. Up till my pregnancies I hadn't thrown up more than 10 times since childhood.
24. I couldn't even read Deuteronomy while pregnant with Spud without running for the bathroom. I had not realized what a descriptive book that was until then.
25. I have never been in labour.
26. Can't say that makes me sad. I hear it is over-rated.
27. At my very first election I voted NDP. I think I was one of 4 in my riding to do so.
28. While staying in a hotel one time, my brother and I went through the halls and turned over all the "do-not-disturb" signs to "please make up this room".
29. I still don't even feel bad for doing so.
30. When I was in grade one I made two resolutions, to never fail a grade and never get a cavity.
31. I finally broke resolution number two last year.
32. I blame pregnancy.
33. I have been to or through over half of the states.
34. I have only been to 4 provinces.
To be continued....