Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I LOVE Two

The following conversation occurred in my house tonight. (Yes, technically, it isn't MY house, we still live with my folks, just taking a little literary licence. Humour me.)

HG: "Hey Sprout, it's time to clean up. You don't know how to clean up do you?"

S: "Wes" (yes). Nodding

HG: "No, you can't clean up yet, can you?"

S: "Wes wes wes." Nodding so hard his head nearly came off his shoulders.

HG: "Are you sure?"

S: "Weeees" he shouted as he raced down the stairs to jubilantly throw toys into the toy box.

Something tells me this ain't gonna work when he's 13.

Pity.

4 comments:

KnittinChick said...

Seriously... wait until you 'race' one another to get the most toys picked up:-)

Pure genius!

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

I've got a whole list of things that aren't gonna fly in a few years.

Right now my favorite is telling Caroline to 'race me' in getting buckled into the car. Works every time......

momofthecrazies said...

I think Crazy #1 taught Crazy #2 about reverse psycology because it doesn't work on anyone in my house anymore. So, so sad.

Miche said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog; the monkey rings work like a charm.

Your post today had me laughing! Hahah! That is so cute! Yes, too bad it wont work when the kids get older....