Thursday, June 25, 2009

Just a Simple Day

It was one of those days.

A day of simple and continual joy.

The sight of little heads bobbing through prairie grass as two pint sized explorers go on a "Big A-Venture."

A 45 minute conversation with my kids that covered the eating preference of deer, a simple explanation of photosynthesis and a chat about peer pressure.  My geeky-teacher heart couldn't ask for anything more.

We saw three deer.  In the middle of cookie-cutter suburbia.   Our community has a nature preserve and it has become our favorite place to visit.   

Having the really cool playground all to ourselves.  Not that I don't like other kids, I do, but so many have this thing whereby they must step on my kids which means that I come close to jail every time we go to the park.  Which can really rain on a park outing.

Walking through the pre-historic park with a Spudasorus and a Sproutasorus.  Complete with dino voices and perpetual growling.  I LUV me a good imagination.

Fresh rhubarb muffins.  I may not be good at singing, photography, drawing or organizing, but I rock the muffin pan.

A surprise visit with Poppa at the zoo, complete with ice-cream.  It's like winning the pre-schooler lottery.

Have I told you about my fence?  Yes?  Can I tell you again how much joy it brings to my soul?  Remember, Happy Geek, not happy interesting person.

And now, bloggin and watching So You Think You Can Dance.  Although Toni is getting on my nerves.  Old white lady in big black hat talking about "street".  Meh.  However, I'm in such a good mood from my day, I can't even come up with some decent snark.

The best days are days like these.

 

5 comments:

momofthecrazies said...

Spudasorus and Sproutasorus. So cute!!

Knittinchick said...

Ice cream moves any day from plain ol', plain ol'... to sublime! I don't blame the kids for hitting preschooler jackpot!

And be grateful that you weren't with a hunter while you were in the natural park area... hunters just ruin the moment!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

HoodMama said...

Um, yeah, I'm gonna need that rhubarb muffin recipe.

Heather of the EO said...

Yes! Those really are the best days!