Friday, September 28, 2007

You know you're tired when...

Well, after all the nocturnal navel gazing last night, I am a bit bushed tonight. I realized this when I was going to put a stamp on an envelope and realized I could not for the life of me remember what side you put the stamp on. Left, right? It took way too long to figure that one out.

That got me thinking about this tired mommy-brain thing that I thought would go away once I gave birth. Not so much. Now I have left my purse at Costco twice in the past year, conditioned my hair before shampooing (on a way too regular basis) put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard, put my underwear away in my husband's drawer, and if there was a fire I would save my kids first and my calender second, because I cannot live without either.

So what about you, all three of you who read my blog, fess up, what is your worst mommy brain moment that you're willing to share with my sister, her friends and a few loyal people who live further north than I think should be legally permissible.

Leave your comments, there will be no prize, you just might make me feel a bit more normal!

P.S. There will be no pretty pic on tonight's post as I am writing on Way Cooler's work computer and it is cranky about uploading, downloading, freeloading and offloading!

3 comments:

Dawn and Dale said...

Hmmmm....I've been sitting here racking my "mommy brain" out and for some reason...I can't remember the "worst mommy brain time"!! Must be cause I live in that mode full time still it seems!! lol

I hear you are supposed to regain it back at some point though. I'm still waiting!!!

Alyson said...

I was heating something in the microwave and realized it needed a cover....so I put one on. A few seconds later I was wondering why the microwave was sparking....
my husband had to remind me that metal does not go in the microwave.

Anonymous said...

I am curious. You say that if there were a fire you would save your kids and then your calendar. Would you take the time to wake up hubby? Inquiring minds want to know!

Alana

PS Does not knowing for the first few days that the blog you're reading is written by your sister count for "mommy brain"? My excuse is "mommy brain" AND "preggo brain"!