Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Way Cooler!

Today Way Cooler is celebrating another birthday! He's not really a party kind of guy, so I am certain he will be most delighted to discover that I have announced this to all seven of you that read my blog. (Ahem) However, most of you are related to me and know this already, it's not like I've taken out a billboard. Come to think of it, that might be fun! I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, in honour of his birthday I have decided to re-tell the story of how we met. Yes, this is shamelessly copying Pioneer Woman, I'll try and keep it a little briefer however.

I was in the pool at a youth camp when I saw a group of guys trying to toss in another fully clothed guy. They were successful. He stayed in the pool in his jeans. For over an hour. My first impression of that dude was less than charitable. I believe the word dork crossed my mind.

We finally met in the hot tub. I thought he was married. He was wearing a wedding band, and chatting with another woman. Great, a married dork. I found out later out the band was his grandpa's and on the wrong hand.

He then spent the weekend attempting to spell my name correctly every time he saw me. Notice I said attempting. There are about 300 different ways to spell my name, I think I heard every single one of them that weekend. By the end of the weekend I realized a couple of things. He would never win a spelling bee, but he wasn't such a dork after all.

We parted ways, but he did get my address. He then wrote me a letter and on the 5th page he finally asked me on a date. I wrote back and said yes on the 6th page.

On our first date he ran over a gopher and dropped me out of a canoe into the lake. I burped (loudly and excessively) all through dinner. Are we soul mates or what?

Happy birthday honey! I am so glad we found each other!

4 comments:

JCK said...

This is very funny and sweet! So glad you found each other. And happiness. He's a lucky guy.

Must have been some letter!

momofthecrazies said...

I remember that weekend. I also remember "testing" him to prove to you that he was interested in you! Ah, the good ol' days.

Char said...

Too funny!! It's crazy how God works, eh?

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Sounds very romantic....:-) I love to hear how people met!