Monday, December 10, 2007

Giving Thanks

Last night I got thinking of some of the things I am so very thankful for! Want to hear my list? If not, just use the little arrow up in the left to navigate away from here, otherwise, here goes,

1. I am thankful that Sprout is now able to sleep through noise at night.

2. I am grateful Spud has learned to stay on his bed and not get up in the night no matter what.

3. I am so pleased with the brilliant architects and builders with the creativity to put the laundry room on the upper level with the bedrooms where it belongs.

4. I am thankful that we had the wisdom and foresight to choose this particular house plan.

5. It's also a very good thing my husband has better hearing than I, (This is not hard to do) and he is willing to go to our kids when they cry out in the night.

6. I am thankful I am currently not pregnant. Otherwise # 7 would not be true.

7. There are no words to express how happy I am Spud was the only one woofing his cookies last night. All night.

8. I am thankful that I have more than 1 set of sheets for my kids.

9. I am extremely grateful for water-proof mattresses.

10. And last, but certainly not least, to my beloved washing machine, once again, bravo. You are my favorite appliance in the whole house. Just don't tell the dusbuster.

4 comments:

KnittinChick said...

Happygeek... if you are not careful, you'll have a little bit of an appliance competition on your hands there. However, I LOVE my front loading washing machine when I can get so many pairs of jeans in there. Yeah for large loads.

Maybe a blog post about your dustbuster at another time will make it not be so intense!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Ugh. I just love it when my kids have puking marathons. SO much fun.

Char said...

I applaud your positive spin, but know that you'll be covered in prayer as well as puke for the near future. Love you!

Tez said...

Oh how I relate! My wee booger had a barfing fest friday night. And my thankful list includes: no longer living in an apartment AND having my own washer and dryer to throw in the blankets, sheets and towels in the middle of the night when I need too!!!!

PS, I love your blue walls.