Friday, March 28, 2008

Well, here we are in my parent's little town.

Yee haw.

The house is now packed and in storage somewhere (well, just the stuff, not the house itself, that would be a tight fit.) The boys and I are in our home away from home and we cannot seem to find Way Cooler.

Kidding. He is coming down in a few days once he finishes up all the house related stuff.

The packing went well. There is something kinda neat about sitting on your couch cuddled with your kids watching Treehouse while a middle-aged dude packs up your kitchen. Although my kids can't sit still long enough to cuddle so a more accurate description would be - sitting on a couch with Treehouse in the background while your kids use you as a jungle gym.

I tell you though, it is awesome having packers. Truly fabulous. I'd even write a sonnet about it except that involves poetry and I can't don't do poetry.


I am sure that there are now some family members who are saying to themselves "but didn't she win some poetry contest in high school?" Yes, you are correct, but that was when I was 17 and filled with angst. Well, at least as much angst as a W.A.S.P middle-class girl from the suburbs can have. Now, I just stick to blogging.

Anyway, the first half of the move is done and was terribly successful. I think the boy's favorite part was eating out 4 meals in a row and 3 of the 4 involved french fries. It just doesn't get much better than that when you are 2 and 3.

Now my poor parents just have to get through this month!

15 comments:

Tez said...

So glad everything went well, what a great idea using movers, I swear I won't move again without being able to afford them!
I'll be waiting to hear from you when soon!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

don't worry! Your parents will be just fine! Especially if you drug them....he he he....

momofthecrazies said...

There once was a Happy Geek
When told she had to move, did freak.
"With Spud and Sprout, how will I ever get through it?
We'll just have to get packers to do it!"
Which is why she is now the Ecstatic Geek.

I probably won't be winning any poetry contests!

KnittinChick said...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Happy Geek is part way moved
And her parents are going to get special rewards in heaven.

For the record: I never entered a poetry contest!

Anonymous said...

fatherofcrazies said

Time for all you women to get back to what your trained for.
HOUSEWORK


March 28,2008 8:17PM

JCK said...

O.K., you have been holding out on us. I want to read some poetry. It is still in you. Bring it on!

Sounds like you have a great plan in place and the move went well. YEAH! for professional movers. We finally used movers when we moved into this house 8 years ago and I was not only enamoured with the idea of having movers, but they were big and brawny and sported Scots accents...it was just DREAMY. I WAY over tipped them!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I agree -- paying people to pack your stuff (especially the kitchen) is money well spent. We've moved a lot, and I'm done packing myself.

Hope you have a fun, relaxing time at your folks!

happygeek said...

In 11.5 years of marriage this will be our 7th home. This does not include the 4 times we've had to live with parents in between.
I too am done packing.
But since the Lord has sense of humour I will not say that too loudly.

momofthecrazies said...

Just a note of clarification: "fatherofcrazies" is not the man I'm married to. My hubby is much too smart to make a comment like that!

LeahRenfrew said...

there once was a lady
who is also used as a jungle gym often!
she became very very jealous when she read about someone getting packers!!
for she will be doing all the packing around here alone.
She also discoverd she should never try to write a poem.

Bargainista said...

The fatherofcrazies really got me going, i am glad that motherofthecrazies clarified that it was NOT her husband. There is only one person that i could think would make a remark like that. Welcome to blog comments "sir"! i will be looking for more of your posts on this blog!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Laidies

Fatherofcrazies must confess that
he is the father of Momofthecrazies
and the father of Happygeek. Don't
know what possessed me to say
something like that. Keep up the
blogging it gives me lots of
laughs after I finish all my
household chores.

granola_granny said...

There once was a SMART happy geek
Who didn't want to play hide and seek
With her household's fine goodies
Or her children's soft hoodies...
So Way cooler and she;
paid a most handsome fee
Because Professionals you see don't work for free
They packed up all their belongings, maybe even their wii
While geek, cooler, spud and sprout lived at nana and papa's .....most happily.

Please, no one attach a mark to this effort. It took me all night to sign on as a blogger and I now need to go rest my 'nogger' otherwise known as 'noggin'

Bargainista said...

Don't care what you say, Granola Granny. i give you A+ on your poetry and A+ for signing onto blog comments!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.