Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Literary Greats

As a former English teacher (and if that isn't a commentary on the state of education I don't know what is) I firmly believe in exposing your kids to good literature.  

I believe it sets a solid foundation for reading later in life.  

Around here we read all kinds of books, do nursery rhythms and finger plays and all sorts of educational stuff that kills time builds the brains of my growing children.

So, you wouldn't be surprised at all to hear me recite the following to my children yesterday after blowing a little nose for the 756th billion time.

She boogeyed in the kitchen
She boogeyed in the hall
She boogeyed on her finger
And she wiped it on the wall.

Clearly, they are set for life in the classics.


10 comments:

momofthecrazies said...

Oh thanks. Now I'm going to be saying that for the rest of the day!

KnittinChick said...

Maybe you should teach them music now... there's a certain ring to that!

Tez said...

hehehehe! I'm going to make Faron read this, then he can stop teasing me about the silly ditties I sing! *yours may be a little more sensical than mine!

JCK said...

HYSTERICAL! Oh, you are a CLASSIC, Happy Geek. ;)

Bargainista said...

Hmmm! Former English teacher...

Your old auntie thinks you should get a sitter, and get out more often.

Don't tell anyone, but i was heaving w. laughter!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

My kids would love that allll too much.

Anonymous said...

heehee ... too funny ... I make up songs and rhymes about everything. Kids hate it ;) AHHH MOM!

The Buntens said...

Oh, that is great!

I enjoyed your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine.

No Targets in Canada? hmmm...maybe we should move!!! :)

Barb said...

I like it! It has a nice ring to it. In fact, it rolls right off the tongue! Give me the sheet music and I'll give it my nephew, the Music Teacher, for his class.

Anonymous said...

I'm going crazy trying to remember what rock and roll song those lines came from. I think it was in the movie "American Hot Wax" where the authorities pointed to those lyrics as being representative of the lewd and sinful nature of rock and roll. So, what song has the lyrics about wiping it on the wall?