Friday, May 16, 2008

The Humourically Challenged

Way Cooler does not read my blog.

I used to think this was because he was a serious professor with waaaay better things to do than read a mommy blog.

You know, discovering cures for the common sermon, stuff like that.

But, I am beginning to think it might be for another, less noble reason.

Last night I was reading this post from Big Mama. ( You might want to read it first, or the rest of the post will not make a heck of a lot of sense.) It was snort your Coke out funny. I had to share a line with Way Cooler.

"We subscribe to the theory that vegetables are what food eats."

I was certain he'd find it as funny as I did. We spent two years in Texas, we live in Alberta, we know these kind of people. We share DNA with these kind of people.

He didn't get it.

At all.

And, being the good professor that he is, he tried to break it down. He shared with me all the instances where that statement might not be true.

It was quite painful.

Even two hours later, he was still trying to prove to me why that statement was inaccurate.

I have never in my life been so sorry I shared.

But then I got thinking. Yes, we did spend two years in Texas, but he spent pretty much every waking moment of it in the library. At this place. For those of you unfamiliar with it, they are not exactly world famous for their levity.

They are good at teaching though. They cram a lot of knowledge into their students. So much so that their PhD students need their sense of humour surgically removed to make room for all that knowledge stuff.

And Way Cooler, he has a PhD.

The humour, it escapes him.



A samll disclaimer. WC is actually pretty funny. This would be payback for the two hours of joke analysis last night. Plus, the first statement is true, he doesn't read my blog, so I am pretty safe.

7 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That does it. I'm calling WC and telling him to read that post......he he he.....

How's life in "the town"?

Char said...

Haha!!! I TOTALLY laughed out loud at that line!! I get it!!!!! Hahahaha!!

JCK said...

Great post title! Well, as long as we get it, it doesn't matter! Hahaha. But, that Way Cooler does have a PhD, and I don't...so, maybe he's on to something we don't realize?

This post also had a great rhythm to it. My favorite line: "It was quite painful."

momofthecrazies said...

The first time I heard that line, it was while eating All-You-Can-Eat-Ribs at Montana's. The person who said it isn't a PhD, but he is an MD and I laughed and laughed.

granola_granny said...

Way Cooler could have a Surgical Reversal, but I am not sure that's the answer. It may have to with genetics and the 'serious gene'. I recall my mother trying to explain 'Little Nipper' in the Saturday cartoons to my Dad, but not always with success. Please HG do not stop the humor stuff!! As one who has just entered that twilight zone of final report cards I need the diversion.

KnittinChick said...

I think that you're funny and I'm related to you.

You know what the problem is with the PhD's and their lack of funny-bones? THey spent too much time in a library where they pumped in "Serious, scholarly germies" into the air.

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

I'm dying laughing......