Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Easy Chicken Caesar Salad

Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer is hosting a themed WFMW.

5 Ingredients or fewer recipes.

This I can do. It's about all I do in the summer.

Easy Chicken Caesar (This serves the four of us with leftover chicken for lunches the next day.)

1 head romaine ripped up

About a cup of croutons

4-5 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled or bacon bits (I won't tell)

Cesar Salad dressing to taste ( I use Kraft's Gourmet Light)

2 chicken breasts diced.

I put the first four ingredients in separate bowls and let everyone help themselves or you could mix it all up in a big bowl.

I then fry the chicken breasts until nice and brown. I season them with a couple of shakes of Worcestershire Sauce.

Pop the chicken breast on top of the salad (or let everyone serve themselves) and voila, supper.

I often serve with bread or buns and whatever fruit I may have on hand.

I use turkey bacon and make my own croutons with whole wheat bread, olive oil, and Italian seasoning but you can do whatever floats your boat and gets you out of the kitchen faster.

Now go to Shannon's place and see what other 5 ingredient marvels are out there.

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

This looks yummy! But then -- I love Caesar salad dressing. :)

Bargainista said...

Thanks for the easy quick fix recipe. Sounds good! Also thanks for the connection to so many other quick fix 5 ingredient meals.

Anonymous said...

Caesar salad is my absolute favorite! I'm definitely making this recipe, thanks for sharing.