Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy

I am dealing with an evil infection.
It has taken ALL my creative juices on a vacation.
Probably the Bahamas.
Meanwhile, I am back here dealing with snot and snow.
SUCH a winning combination.
However, no one likes to listen to a whiner. (if you do, e-mail me, Id be happy to whine at you for PAGES and PAGES.)

For the rest of you, six random things that have made me smile this week.

Oxi-clean. Man, that stuff isn't just a laundry product, it is JOY IN A BOTTLE. If you have small boys and do not have oxi-clean, go buy some. It will change your life. I promise.

Gas is below 85 cents. (For my American readers, we buy it by the litre, so stop packing.)
I no longer have to choose between driving and sending my kids to college. For this week anyway.

New friends. (In Real Life.) While you people are beyond cool, it's nice to be called because you were not at the pre-school drop-off and you were missed. I smiled all evening.

Treehouse, CBC kids and PBS kids. While I've been totally neglecting my children at least I know they are being educated. Sort of.

Beck's run-down of Oprah's gift list. I laughed till I cried.

Good drug plans. The elixir of life antibiotic only cost me four bucks. Thank-you muchly oh great insurance corporation.

There you have it. What made you smile this week?

8 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

The Tongginator just being the Tongginator is what gets us through. She is always cracking me up. And I hope you feel better soon.

Knittinchick said...

I agree... I just went out for a worktime lunch with my coworkers that are becoming friends. How much fun is that? Making friends at work... I like it!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

This has been kind of a sucky week so far....so....things that have made me smile......chocolate. Peace and quiet. A good book. Catalogs.

Heather of the EO said...

Miles cracks me up about every thirty seconds.

And that's about it. Since we have the snot sludge over here too. ew.

Hope you feel better soon!

Stephanie said...

Maybe you should start taking the oxi-clean and the gasoline and then use the antibiotics to clean your laundry. That ought to shake things up a little. Just a theory.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

The Internet.

I'm having one of those weeks where I don't have much adult interaction. I'm so glad I have Twitter and the bloggy world to keep me company when I'm housebound and exhausted.

Debbie said...

It seems to be a bad time for everyone. Lots of sickness and stress. But, I got a beautiful piece of pottery as a gift yesterday from a blogging buddy I've never met and that was a smile maker!

CC said...

I still have every intention of packing up and moving to Canada. As soon as the US screws up the world enough that Global Warming makes Canadian weather fabulous. Then I'm there.

Or the Bahamas.

It's all good.