Monday, December 8, 2008

Canaqueont

OK, I promise this is the last time I post about the mess that is Ottawa until the new year, but I got this forward from my Auntie and it was too good not to share.  If you are not a Canadian it may not be as funny, but around here we need all the laughs we can get right now.
 

Seems reasonable, after all this is Canaqueont…

Toronto Maple Leafs Win Stanley Cup!!!


Canada was stunned Monday when it was announced that The Stanley Cup will be awarded to the Toronto Maple Leafs, possibly as early as December 6th.
The cup will be stripped from from 2008 playoff champions the Detroit Red Wings and be awarded to the Leafs, who didn't even make the playoffs.
How is this possible, Canadians ask?
Well, the Leafs have formed a coalition with eastern conference semifinalists the Montreal Canadians, and conference quarter finalists the Ottawa Senators, now outnumbering the Red Wings.
According to current Leaf coach Ron Wilson "the Red Wings have lost the confidence of the league and should hand the cup over immediately to our coalition".
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is cutting short a European trip to try to resolve the unprecedented hockey crisis that could force a second playoff series, or see an opposing team coalition take the cup.


 

6 comments:

Knittinchick said...

yes... you probably have to be a Canadian to get it... but still, it rocks!

Dawn and Dale said...

lol Tooo funny!!

You should send this to Ryan! I know he'd love it!!

Char said...

Ryan does love it, but he says they should give the cup to Edm. (duh!)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I LOVE it!!!!! Very vivid imagery...perhaps I will use this in my language arts lesson tomorrow....to indoctrinate my children....:-)

Debbie said...

I don't fully understand it but I think the meaning comes through loud and clear.

Bargainista said...

Ii'm going to make sure the men in our family read this one. It's good!