Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's an Epic..or Something Like That

You know, January can be a rather rough month.  It's often colder than should be legal and there's no real fun event to look forward to.  Just a month of housebound togetherness.  And then both Beck and Veronica closed down their blogs for a while to pursue other writing.

Sob.

So, I got thinking, I need something to brighten my January.  I'm gonna tell you all about my honeymoon.  It was really one misadventure after another.    Trust me.

And to give myself something to chuckle over I'm going to re-live it for you in a series of posts.  Really, what else do you have to do all month anyway?

To give you a little background, Way Cooler and I were married at the ripe old ages of 21 and 22.  We had dated long-distance exclusively and our honeymoon was the longest period of time we had ever spent together in the same city.

I cannot emphasize enough how much we do not recommend this.  We made it through that first year because for two reasons only.

We are exceedingly stubborn.  
God is exceedingly gracious.

You'll see why.


4 comments:

Bargainista said...

When i started reading today's blog, i ran for my hot drink and a chocolate to savor as i read this interesting post.
Hmmm, guess i have to wait...i will be back! It sounds interesting.

granola_granny said...

Think I'll make sure I have my Intense 70% Cacao bars ready and some coffee brewing for tomorrow. I love 'chapter' blogs.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Hmmmmm.....now THAT'S a hook.....I'm dying to find out what happened now....

a Tonggu Momma said...

I am so glad... because I totally miss Beck and Veronica. But did you see that Beck is coming back? I am so relieved.