Friday, February 6, 2009

Cooking With The Geek

You know what I realized the other day?  I never do recipes on here.

There is a good reason for that.

I'm not really that great of a cook.  Oh, I can do the basics and don't ruin much, but due to limited budgets in times past, a husband who once threatened to throw out my cookbooks if I made too many new dishes and two very, very busy boys, I don't spend a lot of time puttering and experimenting in my kitchen.

However, as I was making my absolute favorite drink the other morning I thought it would be a shame not to share it with you.  If I can do it, so can you.  It's cheap and easy!  What could be better than that?  Starbucks is now selling these but you can do it at home for a fraction of the cost!  And you don't even have to get out of your jammies.

So without further ado (and trust me, that intro was a whole lot of ado aobut nothing) I give you, 


The London Fog.

Let's get started.

All you need is milk, An earl Grey teabag and Vanilla syrup.  I use the fancy Starbucks stuff because while their drinks are overpriced, their syrup is surprisingly not.  That big old bottle is 10 bucks.  And you can buy it at the drive-thru.  You don't even have to get out of your car.  BONUS. 
 
Now, pour the milk in a microwave safe mug.  Just look at those mad photography skillz.  

Pop that baby into the microwave until it is nice and hot.  If you are like me, you want it to burn your tongue when you are done.  If you are along the lines of Way Cooler, 30 seconds or so should do you.



Now you want to add the syrup.  Just a little splash'll do ya.  You can make that bottle last forever.  

Finally, dunk the teabag and let it steep for a couple of minutes.

Voila.  Happiness in a mug.

You're welcome.

8 comments:

momofthecrazies said...

So you're saying I shouldn't be going through the Starbucks drive-thru in my jammies?

happygeek said...

Up to you, MOTC, up to you.

Knittinchick said...

Oh... you are posting the fav cheapie family drink. I love that as one of my winter drinks. I must pick up some more of the syrup as I'm out right now.

BTW, you forgot to mention that the SB syrup is also available in sugar free as well!

a Tonggu Momma said...

"You don't even have to get out of your car. BONUS."


BwwwwaaaaHaHaHa! Oh... wait... we don't have drive-through coffee shops around here. I think I'm changing my mind. You might possibly be evil.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

BAAAAD Geek! I definitely want to try this. YUM-icious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather of the EO said...

I think this makes you a great cook.

Sarah said...

Wow, this is great! I just got hooked on their tea drinks, so now I do not have to spend my life savings. :-)
Thanks for sharing (and in a humorous way....my kind of woman.)

granola_granny said...

That was easy! Thanks!