Wednesday, July 29, 2009

In Case You were Wondering

I'm sure by now, some of you are wondering why I've gotten all food-bloggy on you. Since I never post recipes and such. Well, the truth is, I am on vacation. Not at the moment of typing this, but as you are now reading it, I am currently on a beach. Before you get too jealous, this is not a sipping mai-tai beach vacation, it is more a "honey, please do not put sand down mommy's bathing suit" kind of vacation. Both are good.

I am not exactly sure when I got the brilliant idea of writing two weeks worth of posts ahead of time while gearing up for a road trip but it is currently 2:45 in the morning, I couldn't sleep, so naturally the first thing of I thought of was writing more posts.

Which is all fine and dandy, but in the next two days I plan to:
*spend time with my son I haven't seen all week
*keep my kids from killing each other
*Completely pack for a two week roadtrip in a very small car. We are trying to save on gas so we are leaving the comfy mini-van in the garage and instead bonding in a Civic. While I am supportive of this initiative, in NO WAY was it my original idea.
*Go to church
*Clean my house top to bottom. I come from a long line of mustcleanyourhomebeforegoingonatrip freaks and it seems that the gene has not skipped a generation.
* explain for the 752 time why Spud cannot live with my sister full-time.
* Grocery shop
* and all the other day to day stuff.
So really , I don't sleep to do any of that.

So, to sum up,
lots of recipes because I am away and have no time to actually think posts through before I leave. The end.

2 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

You are brilliant. I would store away this idea for my own use, but SOMEONE (not mentioning any names *ahem* the Tongginator) doesn't seem to like my cooking all that much.

Knittinchick said...

I LOVE that you have continued on the family's 'blessing' of mustcleanyouhousebeforegoingonatrip freaks. I hate that I am rushing around my house to clean it like crazy before a trip... but it is ALWAYS worth it when I get home.