Sunday, July 26, 2009

Muffin Mania

A few weeks ago I posted that I made some rockin' rhubarb muffins. Melissa commented and said that she wanted the recipe. So, what Melissa wants, she gets. Mainly because I have no desire to have this happen to me.

This is originally from Allrecipes.com, submitted by Corrie Davidson. I have altered them a bit.

2 C flour
1 C sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup milk ( I use skim)
1/3 cup canola oil ( You can also use applesauce, just cut down on the sugar or they are a bit too sweet)
1 cup chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)

Combine dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, beat egg, oil and milk together. Stir wet into dry (do NOT overmix) and then fold in rhubarb.

Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full. (I have stopped using paper liners as my favorite baker* told me they tend to suck the moisture out of muffins.)

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

I always double this recipe as Spud eats more than a grown man and this is a relatively cheap way of trying to fill up my human garbarator.

Enjoy!

*I'm fortunate enough to have grown up with a dad who is a professional baker. Most of my sauces can be attributed to his suggestions and help when Ive called with yet another cooking question.