Monday, November 9, 2009

I Get by With a Little Help From My Friends

This week all three of my men have been sick. ALL WEEK. ALL THREE OF THEM.


We even lined up at the doctor's office for an offical diagnosis. It coughed like a pig, had a persistent fever like a pig and is lasting forever like a pig, but it's not a pig. It's a mild case of Pnemonia for poor Spud who is probably wishing he will never cough again.

Anyway, it certainly is not a cause for alarm, just no fun for those who have it.

However, this has been one of the easiest "sick times" we have had. I think it helps that I have a baseline to compare it to. Tough is when you have an infant and a barely two year old and all four of you have the tummy flu AND due to an incompetent plumber you are without running water for 36 hours. That's tough. This, not so much.


Plus I've had a lot of help from my friends.


Internet, meet my friends.

The medicine. Just in case you thought I was crunchy or something. Not even close. Natural- smatural. Bring on the drugs baby! We burned through our first Costco sized bottle of children's Advil in 2.5 days.




The games. This has actually been a lot of fun. Sprout is quite the gamer and to have all of us playing with him, he is pretty much in hog heaven. However, if I NEVER play Go Fish again, it will still be much too soon.


The sweatshirt. This is my favorite shirt, it's red, it fits just right, it's super comfy and I have been banned from wearing it in public. By numerous people. SO, I've been able to wear it ALL WEEK since we haven't gone anywhere. AWESOME. Just in case you were wondering, it was what all the staff wore one Christmas concert when I taught in Texas. I did not pick it out. My taste is a little dubious, but not quite that umm, bold.


The Youtube playlist. My kids are nuts about the Salsa Twins. If I go near the computer they clamour to check Ree and Ro's blog. When I told them the girls had picked out their favorite Youtube videos and we could watch them too they were utterly delighted. It's killed many hours this week. Because what could be better than an operatic orange?

The stash. When my kids are sick, behaviours I was certain we had addressed and eradicated come back. ALL OF THEM. So, yes, that is a bag of cheese curls hidden in my laundry room. Don't judge me. Please.



It's good to have friends.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

We have many of those same puzzles!

The story about the tummy bug and no plumbing - oooohhhhhh...that's bad. That's a pretty low bar.

Hope everybody is feeling better. Pneumonia - poor guy.

momofthecrazies said...

He's got pneumonia? Poor little guy!

I miss our phone calls...

Knittinchick said...

Cheese curls? Where is the chocolate? That is a true helping friend! Do you want me to drop some off on your doorstep?

Heather of the EO said...

Hidden cheese curls OBVIOUSLY taste better.

And I'm sorry about all the sick!

CC said...

Aw hugs! And I play about 14 games a day at work to keep kids motivated. So I HATE playing games at home. hate it!

Anonymous said...

Ah, cheese curls. the bounty of vegetable pirates!! Such a fun blog you write. i love it.

C