Friday, November 20, 2009

A Pretend Sort of Post

I had full plans to write a deep and insightful post today.

But then something very very strange happened.

Very strange.

I felt this urge to decorate.

I KNOW. It's like aliens took over my body or something. For those of you new here, I am not being sarcastic. For a change. I really hate to decorate. Usually, I don't.

So, instead of writing, I put up the Christmas tree, decorated my mantle and decorated the Christmas tree with the boys.

I wasn't exactly looking forward to decorating the tree with my helpers, I figured that they would last for about 4 ornaments each and they would take off but I guess a lack of love for decorating isn't something I passed onto them.

They were decorating machines. The lower half of my tree was fully covered in less than 20 minutes. I had to race against them to just get enough ornaments for the top half.

I am sure you would like pictures but the lighting in my living room is rather poor, and I have enough trouble taking a good picture when conditions are excellent. So, no photos for you!

So instead of pictures (or a post )I give you some links that made me laugh so hard I think I may have scared my children.

Tim Challies has a proposal for the ultimate Christian novel.

Melissa attends the funniest funeral ever. Rest assured, it's not for a person.

Beck writes her yearly commentary on Oprah's gift guide. Do not miss it.




7 comments:

Beck said...

Thanks so much for the link!
I think we're going to start doing serious decorating this weekend. Maybe. I'm not sure.

Knittinchick said...

I forwarded the novel idea onto other friends who have been bemoaning the whole vampire thing! Seriously! They suck blood folks!

a Tonggu Momma said...

That decorating post is one of my all-time favorites of yours! And of course I adore Beck's yearly critique. Thanks for all of the links. Now bring on some pictures.

This Heavenly Life said...

You're sounding entirely too industrious to me as I sit here with a falling-asleep tushie at naptime. I think I'll read your links. That counts as DOing something, right?

Nicole said...

Oooh, decorating! I love it but suck at it. It's lucky I have young kids so I can just say they decorated. I do not have, as they say, an "eye" for it.

Heather of the EO said...

WOW, decorating huh? WOW. that's all I got. WOW.

:)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Haven't even thought of starting yet. Not gonna, either. Not until....I don't know...December? :-)