Thursday, December 31, 2009

And Never Brought To Mind

I had plans for a lovely and sentimental year in review.

It was to be beautiful.

But I also have strong willed children and (yes, both of them - I am TRULY blessed) and this week has been a bit of a war of the wills season of training and instead of writing I have been cleaning up excrement, physically helping 50 pound children to obey, talking, explaining, spanking, time-outting, hugging, washing pee-soaked clothes and praying.

Repeatedly.

So, imagine with me a gorgeously illustrated, well thought out litany of our accomplishments and joys.

And while you do that I will be bleaching my house.

Happy New Year.

9 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Oh, darlin'. I wish for you a peaceful, easy feeling. And a New Year full of obedience.

Nicole said...

Physically helping them obey? Love it. Happy New Year!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Welcome, 2010. May you be pee and poop free.

Lady Why said...

Up to my elbows in the excrement right along with you. Potty training. It ain't for sissies.

Here's to an accident-free 2010!

Knittinchick said...

You've been being a Mom to two of the most adorable (albeit strong willed) children and have been totally dependent on Jesus through it.

I think that is a pretty good sign of a year that you can be proud of. No matter how many time outs those boys get, they always know how much they are loved and they keep getting more and more adorable!

Now try and survive the antics of the boys today as you embrace 2010!

Soiloquy said...

I mean, it sounds like you're doing everything RIGHT.

It will pay off, girl.

Happy New Year!

Soliloquy said...

Awww, dangitall. I spelled my "NAME" wrong!

Unknown said...

oh I love this post even more than the one your originally planned because it sounds just like me. seriously, just like me.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!