Tuesday, April 27, 2010

All You Wanted to Know about my Day but Were too Bored to Ask.

I know all of you are dyyyying to find out how my pre-operative appointment went yesterday.

Anyone? Anyone?

Plus, last night was the beginning of soccer season. Which in Calgary also coincides with the beginning of the rainy season.

So my day was jam-packed full of fun!!! Or something like that.

My appointment was much like the movie "The Notebook". Long, boring with tiny bits of action to keep one from falling asleep. But when the whole thing was done all you one could think is "There's four hours* of my life I can never get back."

However, I did get to have another EKG, chest x-ray and more bloodwork. All I need now is a trip to Perkins and I am an old person.

In reality, it wasn't all that bad because the boys were with their dad and I was able to read the whole newspaper without interruption. For a current-events loving SAHM it really doesn't get better than that.

PLUS, I did get to watch the first soccer games of the season. Spud scored his first goal. The added bonus, it wasn't even on his own net. Very heady stuff for a five year old.

Plus, while it is scheduled to rain for our next game, it did not rain last night. With the wind chill it was a balmy 5 degrees. What more could we ask for? Other than indoor soccer?

For all my family reading this, I still do not have a date for the surgery but I would imagine I will know by Thursday or so. I'll keep y'all posted.

Now, go forth and read something interesting.

*Yes, I am aware that the notebook wasn't four hours long. It just felt like it.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Our soccer nights are Tuesdays and Thursdays. In other words, the nights that are inevitably blessed with high winds and rain/snow mix. Also it seems that they are never cancelled. SO COLD.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I know it sounds strange to anyone other than a SAHM, but I'm so jealous of a morning alone at the doctor.

;-)

Will be praying for the upcoming big day, whenever it is.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I LIKED the Notebook, you ninny. Apparently, you're not sappy enough.

But seriously, I will be praying for your yucky surgery. NO surgery is fun. But I will be praying that yours will be okay!!!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm shocked that Janet liked The Notebook. And still waiting to hear your surgery date. And happy that you at least got to read the paper and that Spud scored a goal.

granola_granny said...

Go Spud Go! YOU SCORED!

Plenty of time yet to learn about 'which' net.