Sunday, September 23, 2007

I love Sundays


I really do enjoy Sundays. When I was a kid my parents instilled in us a sense of needing to slow down and not work on Sundays, we didn't do homework or even much housework Sunday. That's quite gone by the wayside, I remember in Texas doing laundry Sunday morning because all the other students in the building would be at church and the machines would finally be free! For those of you shocked, we went to church Saturday nights. But I seem to mentally slow down, even if not physically.


Sunday is still a special day in my mind and this morning at 6:30 as I sat and cuddled a sleepy 18 month old and his everpresent Teddybear I couldn't help but think how blessed I am. Both of my boys are healthy, I have a lovely home, my hubby works really hard so I can have a life of leisure (choke choke sputter) and there is nothing nicer than cuddling your baby at 6:30 (except maybe having him sleep till 8:00 and then cuddling him).


Today was great for a lot of reasons but my two favorites (and then I need to get my cute little behind into bed) were that we swam at the Y so we showered the boys there because a day without baths with cranky slippery boys is a very good day!


The best part of the day was sitting in church and reminding myself that God loves me, he's bigger than me, and really I am blessed.


So good night, may your Monday be as good as my Sunday.

2 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I love Sundays too. We keep it as a day of rest unto the Lord. AND LOVE IT! One day a week when I don't feel pressure to do housework, or whatever else. Who wouldn't love that?

Glad your Sunday was so nice!

Char said...

My Sunday was a little crazy this week. But nice too. Today is a rainy Monday and I have gotten much accomplished and held my baby boy a lot. I am soooo blessed as well!!