Sunday, May 11, 2008

Creepy

Veronica at Toddled Dredge made up this very cool meme which I am shamelessly stealing.

It's either this or another story about moving.

Relieved, aren't you? You can pop over to Veronica's site and thank her personally if you'd like.

So, here goes, 5 things that creep me out.

1. Scotch mints. They are chalky, nasty tasting things. But that isn't what makes them creepy. They creep me out because a senior at church used to keep some in her pocket to give to kids. So, whenever I am offered one all I can think of is pocket lint. Yummy.

2 . Flesh tunnels.

3. Spandex or Lycra on men. I just don't know where to look. The boys like watching 4 square on Treehouse and while it's educational, I usually try to get out of the room at the time. No one should have to be grossed out by toddler TV.

4. Comb-overs. Seriously guys, you're bald. We all know it. Those twelve hairs are fooling no one. Just grossing us all out a little.

5. Snakes. Even behind glass at the zoo I know they are thinking "if I could, I'd kill ya."

So, what gives you the heebies?

7 comments:

momofthecrazies said...

Do you remember that guy that used to ride the elevator at "Grandpa's Hospital" that would always offer us scotch mints? Whenever I see them I think of him and mom telling us to graciously accept them but in no uncertain terms DO NOT PUT THEM IN OUR MOUTHS!

JCK said...

Hello, girlie! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. And if you don't celebrate Mother's Day in Canada, cause I'm a bit clueless about that kind of stuff...I'm still going to wish you a Happy Mother's Day!

I linked back to you a couple posts ago. (Post on how people find me on search engines.) I think you and I are still laughing over the easy cookie recipe debacle. :)

As far as what grosses me out...we're experiencing the invasion of the wierd stink bug black beetles in Southern California right now. CREEPOLA.

Anonymous said...

I did not know the name of flesh tunnels, but they definitely creep me out too. Very popular among coffehouse baristas. I don't get it.

Bargainista said...

Creepy...any insects and bugs and mice inside my home.

...a woman who can't smile or she'll wreck her make-up

...anyone who smiles and reveals the 'remnants' of food from the last 4 days stuck between their teeth.

KnittinChick said...

Creepy... being in Africa and having someone try to sell you a dead anteater... or at least you thought he was dead until his 'bodily functions' engage. Watch your own bodily functions threaten to engage.

Anonymous said...

Claire is a fan of 4 Square too! Rick is certain that it was not a man who designed their outfits. He can't be in the room while it is on either!
Doesn't leave much to the imagination.

Have a good one!
Trisha

Tez said...

HEHEHEHE!!!! I actually had to click the link to know what flesh tunnels were! I thought it would be something else.....however, they don't gross me out, a lot of my friends have them.
Snakes, well, we have one that lives in our house and crawls all over us, so I guess that doesn't ick me out. comb overs!!!!! My dentist, when I was a kid, had an extreme comb over! He combed from the base of his head, forward, and his hair was NOT short. *shudder*
4 SQUARE!!!! Thank you for hating it as much as I do!!!