Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ordinary Joys

Today was a good day.

It was one of those days where nothing truly spectacular happened, it was just full of ordinary joys.

Since we have started attending our church, I am really beginning to understand David when he said "I was glad when they said to me, let us go into the house of the Lord." Psalm 122:1.  I am challenged and stretched each and every week from the preaching and come away just refreshed.  Plus, my kids are well cared for in another room, and that's not half bad either!

Then we zipped down to the Bay where it was rumoured their clearance stuff  was 50% off and additional 40% off of that.  THe rumours were true!  Yee haw.  I got a new dressy outfit that would have cost $100 full price for $16.  No, it isn't a dress, (I said it was a good day, not a miraculous one) but a very nice pair of black dress pants and a cute little blouse.  I LOVE me a good sale.

Then came my favorite part of the day!  While the boys were down for naps I finally had enough energy to vacuum and wash my floors on the main level.  You see, some "brilliant" designer decided to put VERY glossy hardwood on my entire main level.  Including eating area.  Where messy and messier eat.  And this week was the week of the spill.  Juice, milk, soup, you name it, it landed on my floor and I didn't have the energy to properly deal with it.  By today I could no longer see the hardwood, it was just one big sticky smudge.  I never realized cleaning could make me sooo happy.    

By the time I was done the floors and the laundry I was getting tuckered out again and I realized that one of my favorite cookbook authors was right.  "Happiness is a casserole in the freezer."  I grabbed one out, cooked some rice and we had real supper with no work!  

The rest of the day was filled with stories, puzzles, snuggles and laughter.

Ordinary joys, perfect day.

6 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Sounds WONDERFUL!!!!!

momofthecrazies said...

Because you get so much joy from cleaning, you should come and do my house too!

a Tonggu Momma said...

"where messy and messier eat"

BwwwaaaahhHaHaHaHa! (Wanna come do my floors, too?)

Heather of the EO said...

I'm a little jealous of the great church part - they're hard to find, even if I do love church.

And the sale, I'm a bit jealous of the sale.

Oh okay and the dinner in the freezer, I'm jealous of that too.

In all seriousness though, I'm very glad you had such a great day, complete with snuggles and puzzles. Doesn't get much better.

granola_granny said...

Loved this post so much wished I was there.

Tez said...

awww you're so awesome! I love those days when just being feels good!